In the second edition of the book a detailed and authoritative exposition of basic principles of oral and maxillofacial surgery is presented in altogether 50 chapters under 12 sections. From basic oral surgical procedures encountered by general practitioner to advance and complex surgical procedures that need to be referred to an oral and maxillofacial surgery specialist, all are covered in sufficient detail with a judicious mix of text and illustrations including clinical photos, radiographs, CT and CBCTs.
- Consists of over 2700 high resolution photographs, CTs and CBCTs of surgical cases that illuminate surgical concepts with a clarity that makes them easy to understand. Many of these images are being used for the first time and are unique in their presentation. There are also over 500 anatomical line diagrams that serve as a step-by-step surgical guide. Tables and boxes are used liberally throughout the textbook that serve to highlight core surgical concepts.
- Contains of 50 chapters under 12 sections that span the entire field with sections on anaesthesia, minor oral surgery, space infections, maxillofacial pathologies, dentofacial deformities, temporomandibular joint surgeries and maxillofacial trauma.
- Discusses basic concepts that serve as building blocks such as definitions, history taking and treatment planning. Radiodiagnosis, microbiological, histopathological and biochemical analyses are also provided
- Highlights cutting edge advances being made in the field in a chapter, which serves to emphasize the constantly expanding frontiers of the field. Sole purpose for this is to serve as a source of inspiration to an entire new generation to give their careers a research oriented direction.
- With 15 videos to explain concepts of surgery along with its applications in a practical way. The live surgical demonstrations along with the accompanying commentary will serve as an invaluable tool in enhancing the overall learning experience.