The most engagingly written, clinically relevant overview of the practice of anesthesiology
IN FULL COLOR!
A Doody’s Core Title for 2021!
Hailed as the best primer on the topic, Morgan & Mikhail’s Clinical Anesthesiology has remained true to its stated goal: “to provide a concise, consistent presentation of the basic principles essential to the modern practice of anesthesia.” This trusted classic delivers comprehensive coverage of the field’s must-know basic science and clinical topics in a clear, easy-to-understand presentation. At the same time it has retained its value for coursework, review, or as a clinical refresher.
This Sixth Edition has been extensively revised to reflect a greater emphasis on critical care medicine, enhanced recovery, and ultrasound in anesthesia practice.
Key features that make it easier to understand complex topics:
- Rich full-color art work combined with a modern, user-friendly design make information easy to find and remember
- Case discussions promote application of concepts in real-world clinical practice
- Boxed Key Concepts at the beginning of each chapter identify important issues and facts that underlie the specialty
- Numerous tables and figures encapsulate important information and facilitate recall
- Up-to-date discussion of all relevant areas of anesthesiology, including equipment and monitors, pharmacology, pathophysiology, regional anesthesia, pain management, and critical care
- URLs for societies, guidelines, and practice advisories