“Overall this is an excellent, comprehensive, and practical resource that is evidence-based and easy to use. It is essential that this book is within reach of not only student nurses but also novice or more experienced clinical practice nurses in any setting across the healthcare continuum. A must-have for any nurse’s library!”– Lisa R. Binns-Emerick, MSN, GNP-BC, FGNLA for DOODY’S Book Review Service,
A classic nursing reference, the fully updated Lippincott Manual for Nursing Practice, 11th Edition, offers expert nursing knowledge and much-needed practical guidance on patient care.
Authoritative yet easy to follow, this comprehensive text guides you through the nursing concepts and skills particularly vital for medical-surgical assessment, care, and treatment. Essential for both in-the-classroom and on-the-unit guidance, this is the expertise that all students, new nurses, and medical-surgical nurses need to grasp essential nursing concepts, care management, and procedures.
Discover the insights and data that every nurse needs:
- NEW and updated features – Nursing, Gerontologic, Drug, and Transitional Care Alerts, evidence-based references, diagnostic methods, and drug treatment throughout the book
- Easy-to-read, well-illustrated outline format – practical, pertinent, and comprehensive content for the busy nurse, including:
- Patient education – essential self-care, prevention, and health promotion information
- Nursing assessments – important signs and symptoms and other clinical data to be on the alert for in all types of conditions
- Body system terminology – how anatomy and physiology are affected by disease in each body system
- Equipment use – utilizing technology for patient monitoring and therapy
- Nursing process and practice – systematic use of the nursing process for assessment, planning, and intervention
- Emergency nursing – emergent conditions
- Psychiatric Nursing – mental health problems
Medical-surgical nursing – adult physical assessment, IV therapy, perioperative nursing, cancer nursing, and care of the older or disabled adult
- Patient care by body system – functions, problems, disorders, and therapies described for the respiratory, cardiovascular, neurologic and sensory, gastrointestinal, renal, genitourinary, reproductive, metabolic, endocrine, hematologic, immunologic, musculoskeletal, and integumentary systems
- Maternity and neonatal nursing – maternal and fetal health, nursing management during labor and delivery, care of mother and neonate in postpartum period, and complications of childbearing
- Pediatric nursing – pediatric growth and development, physical assessment, primary care, treatment of pediatric disorders of all body systems, and developmental disabilities
- eBook that includes step-by-step procedure guidelines – guidance on more than 150 procedures, with rationales and direction on what to do next and why
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS™, Android™, PC, and Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time—providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
About the Author
Sandra M. Nettina, MSN, ANP-BC, is a Nurse Practitioner and founder and president of Prime Care House Calls, West Friendship, Maryland.