The revitalized second edition comprises 16 laboratory chapters that offer a total of 49 lab activities. Each laboratory chapter provides a complete lesson, including objectives, definitions of key terms, and background information that sets the stage for learning. Each lab activity supplies step-by-step procedures, providing guidance for those new to lab settings so that they may complete the procedures. New features and updates in this edition include the following:
- Related online learning tools delivered through HKPropel that contain 10 interactive lab activities with video to enhance student learning and simulate the experience of performing the labs in the real world
- A completely new laboratory chapter on high-intensity fitness training that includes several popular intermittent fitness tests that students can learn to perform and interpret
- An appendix that helps estimate the oxygen cost of walking, running, and cycling
- New research and information pertaining to each laboratory topic
- A lab activity finder that makes it easy to locate specific tests
In addition to the interactive lab activities, which are assignable and trackable by instructors, HKPropel also offers students electronic versions of individual and group data sheets of standards and norms, question sets to help students better understand laboratory concepts, and case studies with answers to further facilitate real-world application. Chapter quizzes (assessments) that are automatically graded may also be assigned by instructors to test comprehension of critical concepts.
Organized in a logical progression, the text builds upon the knowledge students acquire as they advance. Furthermore, the text provides multiple lab activities and includes an equipment list at the beginning of each activity, allowing instructors flexibility in choosing the lab activities that will best work in their facility.
Laboratory Manual for Exercise Physiology, Second Edition With HKPropel Access, exposes students to a broad expanse of tests that are typically performed in an exercise physiology lab and that can be applied to a variety of professional settings. As such, the text serves as a high-quality resource for basic laboratory testing procedures used in assessing human performance, health, and wellness.
Note: A code for accessing HKPropel is included with all new print books.