Streamline your path to success in medical-surgical nursing.
Ideal for accelerated medical-surgical nursing courses and traditional approaches alike, Focus on Adult Health: Medical-Surgical Nursing, 2nd Edition, helps you make the most of your medical-surgical nursing course and learn to quickly and confidently address the most commonly encountered disorders and conditions.
Carefully curated by active clinicians and expert nursing educators, this concise text distills the most essential aspects of medical-surgical nursing in precise detail. Need-to-know coverage of prominent medical conditions and key nursing responsibilities clarifies commonly encountered processes and complex pathophysiology to help you concentrate on the most clinically relevant information in medical-surgical nursing and efficiently transition to nursing practice.
This thoroughly revised edition reflects the latest clinical approaches in med-surg and is accompanied by dynamic digital learning tools to help you excel in your coursework, prepare for the NCLEX≥ exam, and confidently meet the challenges of the clinical setting.
- Guidelines for Nursing Care walk you through the most critical procedures as well as other conditions you are likely to encounter in clinical practice.
- Focused Assessment boxes highlight critical assessment criteria and significant findings for specific disorders.
- Unfolding Patient Stories reflect patient scenarios from vSim for Nursing to provide realistic clinical experience across the full patient care spectrum.
- Unit Case Studies make chapter content more accessible and engage your critical thinking skills.
- Focus on Pathophysiology features clarify complex pathophysiologic processes.
- Pathophysiology Alerts detail key pathophysiology concerns at a glance.
- Bulleted Risk Factors conveniently alert you to potential health impairments.
- Health Promotion reviews help you prevent common health problems from developing through careful patient consultation.
- Patient Education summaries streamline patient teaching, home care, and discharge planning.