Community and Public Health Nursing, 3rd Edition
Rosanna F. DeMarco, PhD, RN, PHCNS-BC, APHN-BC, FAAN; and Judith Healey-Walsh, PhD, RN
Use evidence-based practice to make confident clinical decisions.
Succinct, approachable, and logically organized, Community and Public Health Nursing, 3rd Edition helps you develop the critical thinking skills and complex reasoning abilities you need to connect evidence with effective decisions in community and public health practice. This extensively revised, heavily illustrated edition emphasizes an evidence-based perspective and focuses on the individual in the context of the community setting and on the global community to equip you for challenges you’ll encounter throughout your nursing career.
- Integrated Case Studies stimulate your critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Evidence for Practice Briefs offer objective evidence obtained from research and guide you in making practice decisions.
- Practice Points highlight important practice considerations for fast reference.
- Student Perspectives make chapter content relatable with relevant insights from real students.
- Critical Thinking Questions test your ability to combine research, context, and judgment for effective critical analysis.
- Chapter Highlights point out key chapter content to help you study efficiently.
- Key Concepts and Key Terms familiarize you with concepts and terminology essential to your understanding.
- Objectives help you identify observable goals for the completion of each chapter.
- Updated Healthy People 2020 coverage and learning activities help you meet national objectives and apply concepts to real-life scenarios.
- Community Resources connect you to sources of help or information available in most communities.