– mergers and acquisitions
– new organizational structures
– accounting scandals related to complex transactions
– foreign activities of multinational firms
– operations of governmental and not-for-profit entities
– bankruptcies of major firms
– and more!
This edition continues to provide strong coverage of Advanced Accounting topics with clarity of presentation and integrated coverage based on continuous case examples. The text is complete with presentations of worksheets, schedules, and financial statements so students can see the development of each topic. Inclusion of recent FASB and GAAP pronouncements – and focus on the continuing deliberations of the authoritative bodies – provide the most current content for students preparing for the CPA examination and their future careers. Given the recent rapid pace of the authoritative bodies in dealing with major issues, the emphasis on currency and standards in Advanced Financial Accounting has become more important than ever for both students and aspiring professionals.